Monday, February 28, 2011

...Post-Progressive Futurism

I've been so political feeling lately. Probably because I have too much time and no feeling of needs being met from any arena (other than my girlfriend), but I don't care about unemployment anymore. I'm ready to spend my whole life unemployed because my turn has come. Isn't it somewhat unreasonable to think that I have an entitlement to money and a career now that segregation and racial prejudice have improved? There has always been only enough work and money to keep white men wealthy, and now that women are institutionally equal and affirmative action has developed unto a political load-bearer- why should I expect anything? I'm happy to be jobless, and so should the rest of us. We have an opportunity to create the necessities and structures of the future, and men can finally live a life where they get by just on looks- the way 20th century women were forced to live.

BUT there's one big problem. When boys have nothing to do they will either become criminals or artists. It's important to train male children the feminine arts over the masculine defense now that they have as much chance of living the life of a stay at home dad as 20th C women. "But most families need two incomes to afford children, a car, an a house." Why does everybody need a fucking car and house? That's another entitlement left over from the 1950s. But there is one thing everybody does need:

Communication is the most important commodity in the new millennium. The internet should be free, government: open source, and education: automatic. Why should the words of people who wrote by candlelight and kept slaves be the parameters of quality of life for the internet generation?

I want to start a political blog, but I never will unless there's someone willing to comment on it. I know I have enough cache that somebody must be reading this, but if YOU aren't willing to respond then it's clear that I'm wrong and what the baby-boomers say is right and our generation is just a thankless waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment